A Practical Valentine's Date Option
Data shows that in the United States alone, over 30 million Americans are currently subscribed to at least one online dating service and when Valentine's Day comes, this figure is almost doubled! It has also been noted that over $300 million is spent annually for online dating. And with over 800 online dating sites that are currently active, it is expected to grow double in the years to come.
A safer choice
With online matchmaking, many people are getting hooked to discovering endless possibilities through online dating. In fact, many people also use this as a practical means of dating specially on Valentine's Day because it is a good avenue for knowing and meeting other people because you can be very exact in your likes and dislikes and you get to choose who are the people you will communicate with and those that have the same interest as you have.
While others look into online dating as a fresh start to expanding their social connections, others secretly hope that this will be the answer in their search for partners in life. Aside from these, the following are remarkable benefits of online dating on Valentine's Day:
- Safer. For those who want safe dating, an online option is safer compared to meeting someone personally. Today, online dating services create ways to protect their user’s identity until they are ready to reveal it.
- More practical. It is less expensive compared to regular dating. If you go out on a Valentine's date, let’s say in a restaurant, it would probably take you $70 to $100 in just one night. But going on an online dating service would cost you $20 to $50 monthly that comes with special services plus you will have not only one opportunity to meet and know somebody but you can communicate with others without spending that much.
- Elimination of chance meetings. Chance meeting is eliminated on online dating. Since you can access the Internet anytime, you can communicate and meet with people 24/7 without the hassle of chance meetings.
- Testing the waters. Online dating opens up a better opportunity for you to get somebody better before getting into a commitment. Since the process of online dating moves on a slower pace compared to meeting and dating somebody in person, you will have longer time to know the person you’re interested with.
- Greater options. Online dating services offer so many choices for you to narrow down. If you are looking for a potential partner when you go on an online Valentine's date, this option \will give you as many possibilities as possible. Since you can communicate with almost everyone on the Internet, you can have your own set of prospects and narrow them down according to your compatibility.